Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of www.mennica.com.pl
§ 1. General provisions
1. Pursuant to Art. 8 paragraph 1 item 1 of the Act of July 18th, 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means (unified text: Dziennik Ustaw (The Journal of Laws) 2013, with further amendments), Mennica Polska S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw at al. Jana Pawła II 23, 00-854 Warszawa; KRS (National Court Register Number) 0000019196, District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, NIP (Tax Identification Number) 527-00-23-255, REGON (National Business Registry Number) 010635937, BDO number: 000019305, fully paid share capital of PLN 51,337,426, hereby adopts these Terms & Conditions of providing services by electronic means ("Terms & Conditions").
2. The Terms & Conditions define the rules of providing electronic services, as well as the terms and conditions for concluding and terminating agreements on providing electronic services.
3. The administrator of www.mennica.com.pl ("the Website") is Mennica Polska S.A. (hereinafter referred to as "the Mint" or the "the Administrator").
4. These Terms & Conditions shall apply to all and any matters not covered by other terms and conditions published on the Website.
§ 2. Services
1. The Website shall be used as a source of information and for contact purposes.
2. All services provided within the Website are free. The User may use the Website provided that an ICT system used by the User meets the following minimum technical requirements:
b) recommended browsers are: Firefox, Chrome and IE, at least version 10.
3. Electronic services provided by the Administrator are free distance services provided via the Internet through the transmission of data upon individual request of the User. The service provided on the Website is personal contact established on the User's request, including in particular advice and replies to the User’s queries. Contact is made by representatives of Mennica Polska od 1766 Sp. z o.o. after submitting the form, or the User’s query delivered to one of the representatives via e-mail. Each form bears a reference to the User data Administrator and boxes related to acceptance of personal data and electronic services clauses. The acceptance of these clauses is necessary to submit the form and obtain a reply to the User’s query.
4. Services: "Contact our representative" and "I have a custom order".
4.1. To order the "Contact our representative" and "I have a custom order" services, the User shall enter the contact details (first name and last name, e-mail address, telephone number) in the form published on the Website.
4.2. To provide the services referred to in §2 item 4) above, it is necessary to obtain the User’s voluntary consent to receive commercial information, and to have the User’s personal data processed by the Administrator. Such commercial information sent to the User contains the reply to the User’s query and is part of the data Administrator’s marketing programme for promoting its own products and services.
4.3. Orders of the services referred to in §2 item 4) above shall be deemed as delivered at the time of making a call, or sending a written reply to the query to the User’s email address.
5. Service: "Gold Repurchase Order".
5.1. To order the "Gold Repurchase Order" service, the User shall enter the personal data (first name and last name, address of permanent residence, e-mail address, telephone number, PESEL number, bank account number, ID number and series, weight of gold, date of repurchase, password, password confirmation) in the gold repurchase order form, published on the Website in the "Investment Products" tab.
5.2. To deliver the "Gold Repurchase Order" service, it is necessary to obtain the User’s voluntary consent to receive commercial information and the User’s acceptance of the Gold Bullion Repurchase Procedure. Such commercial information sent to the User refers to the data Administrator specified in disclosure requirements attached to the form.
5.3. The process of storing and forwarding the data from the form by and to the data Administrator is carried out with utmost care for data safety and confidentiality.
6. Service: "Buy a Product from the Catalogue"
6.1. To order the "Buy a Product from the Catalogue" service, the User shall select the "Buy Now" option on the specification sheet.
6.2. The "Buy Now" button takes the User to the basket located in the Mint’s bullion shop at http://inwestycje.mennica.com.pl/ depending on the product selected. The sales process is subject to legal procedures described in the terms and conditions of these shops: http://inwestycje.mennica.com.pl/regulamin/
§ 3. Conclusion and Termination of Agreements
1. The Agreement on Provision of Electronic Services is concluded at the time when the User begins to use the services, subject to the next item of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The Agreement on Provision of the "Gold Repurchase Order" Service is concluded upon making the User’s data contained in the gold repurchase order form available, acceptance of the Gold Bullion Repurchase Procedure, and the User’s consent to receive commercial information electronically.
3. The Agreement is concluded until the day on which the Service is to be delivered, selected by the User in the "Date" box in the form.
4. The User may terminate the Agreement on Provision of Electronic Services without giving any reason and with an immediate effect.
§ 4. Reservations concerning the implementation of the Services
1. The Administrator shall not be held responsible for the User’s inability to access the Website due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Administrator.
2. The Administrator reserves the right, after prior notification, to short technical interruptions in the functioning of the Website due to planned regular operation and maintenance works concerning the server and software supporting the Website.
3. The Administrator limits the liability for provision of electronic services described in §2 item 4 to the maximum extent permitted by law (in particular consumer law). This means that the limitation of the Administrator’s liability to the consumer is not significant; it does not include the Administrator’s liability to the consumer for personal injury. The Administrator bears full liability for any damage that may be caused intentionally. Subject to the foregoing, the Administrator shall not be liable for a manner in which the User uses the information obtained in connection with the provision of the aforementioned services. Before using any information obtained from the representatives of the Administrator, or the companies being part of its Group, the User shall verify it on their own.
§ 5. Personal data, privacy and cookies.
1. In the case of using specific services on the Website, the User may provide the personal data – provision of personal data is voluntary but necessary to provide such services. All personal data provided by the Users shall be processed in accordance with the applicable provisions of law, in particular according to the Act of 29th August, 1997 on Protection of Personal Data (unified text: Dziennik Ustaw (The Journal of Laws) 2014.1182, with further amendments), hereinafter referred to as the APPD, and secondary legislation.
2. The Administrator of personal data provided by the Users is Mennica Polska od 1766 Sp. z o.o.
3. The data Administrator shall process your personal data to the extent necessary to establish, create content, change, terminate and properly provide specific electronic services, as well as for its own marketing and statistical purposes based on the data Administrator’s legitimate purpose (Art. 23 paragraph 1 item 5 of the APPD).
4. The collection of personal data shall be protected by effective provisions of law.
5. The User has the right to access and correct their personal data, as well as to demand that the data Administrator deletes it.
6. Personal data provided by the User shall be processed for marketing purposes only by Mennica Polska od 1766 Sp. z o.o. Personal data provided by the User in the forms described in items 2.4 and 2.5 may serve as an example.
7. The data Administrator gives the Users the possibility to delete their personal data. To prevent re-registration of persons whose accounts have been blocked due to unauthorized use of the services of the Website, the data Administrator may refuse to remove such data. To delete your personal data, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
8. Users' personal data shall be stored using technical and organizational measures ensuring the protection of processed data in accordance with the requirements specified in the regulations on personal data protection, including the Regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration of 29th April, 2004 on Personal Data Processing Documentation and Technical and Organizational Conditions for Devices and Computer Systems Used for the Personal Data Processing (Dziennik Ustaw (The Journal of Laws) 2004.100.1024) and the guidelines of the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data. Users’ personal data may only be accessed by persons authorized by the data Administrator.
9. The Administrator keeps statistical data and conducts research concerning the sales of the Services, network traffic and financial analyses. Such data can be used and shared with third parties, but none of the statistical data shall contain any personal data of the Users.
10. Resulting from general principles of Internet connections, all information contained in system logs (e.g. the IP address) is used by the Administrator for technical purposes related to the administration of our servers. In addition, IP addresses are used to collect general statistical and demographic data (e.g. the region from which the connection is made).
12. For any questions related to maintenance of confidentiality, safety measures, practices applied by the Website or the use of the Services, please contact us at: serwis(at)mennica.com.pl.
§ 6. Complaint handling procedure
1. In the event of any reservations regarding the Services, the User has the right to file a complaint.
2. The User shall file such a complaint emailed at: serwis(at)mennica.com.pl.
3. Complaints are considered within 10 calendar days from the date of receipt of the User’s complaint.
4. Our response to the User’s complaint is sent to the e-mail address indicated by the User.
5. If the complaint is rejected, the User can seek compensation at court.
§ 7. Final provisions
1. The Administrator reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions under applicable provisions of law. The buyer shall be notified of such amendments by publishing relevant information on the Website. Amendments made to the Terms & Conditions shall be delivered to the User through their publication on the Website.
2. The User must not transfer any content that is illegal, deceptive or misleading, offensive and potentially damaging computer systems. If such content is sent, the Administrator shall be entitled to take legal action.
3. All and any matters not covered by these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the relevant provisions of Polish law. For the avoidance of doubt, it is assumed that none of the provisions of the Terms & Conditions limits the consumer rights available to consumers under the applicable provisions of Polish law. In the event such provision is identified, relevant provisions of law shall be applicable. All and any disputes arising from these Terms & Conditions shall be settled by a court of general jurisdiction under the applicable provisions of Polish law. All correspondence, statements, records and other verbal communications shall be made in the Polish language.