100th anniversary of the Panama Canal, 1 dollar
- Denomination:1 New Zealand dollar
- Metal:Ag 999
- Decoration:digital printing, a latent image
- Size:38.61 mm
- Weight:28.28 g
- Circulation:up to 1,999 pcs
- Date of issue:June 2014
The Mint of Poland presents a coin which has been made to commemorate the 100th anniversary of one of the most significant shipping conduits in the world and at the same time one of the greatest achievements of humanity in the water construction.
The “100th anniversary of the Panama Canal” coin is a pure form of innovation – the coin has been decorated with a latent image.
- Minted in .999 fine silver
- Decorated with a latent image
- Embellished with multi-coloured printed decorations
- Offered in an offbeat presentation case in the form of a compass
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The high coin’s value is emphasized by a multi-coloured digitally printed embellishment as well as one and only wooden presentation case in the form of a magnetic compass.
The obverse shows an image of a wind rose against a map illustrating the Panama Canal. In the upper part of the coin – an image of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Around it – inscriptions: NIUE ISLAND (the issuer), 1 DOLLAR (the face value), ELIZABETH II, the year of issue: 2014 and the mint mark: m/w.
The reverse depicts a historic moment of the first vessel traversing the Panama Canal. Above the vessel and along the rim – the name of the coin: 100 YEARS OF THE PANAMA CANAL.
Recent release coins and numismatic products
Discover our offer and enrich your collection with valuable excitement carriers